#* THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED*#
AMIE, of LET’S BE AMIE, was the lucky blogger
Right, then, let’s get this going, shall we? Thanks to Karen in the first place (and Catherine before her, of course) and Show and Tell Meg more directly, I received a packet of lovelies (wonderfully clear photos and details over at Show and Tell; I suggest you check them there) by mail shortly before the end of last year. Also included were a couple of lovely notions; the zipper really caught my eye because it’s blue and would match one of my stash fabrics. Aha!
With one thing and another, it has taken me a while to get around to doing much about the Pyramid. Although I’d originally hankered for a dress pattern, the McCalls 2546, sober assessment of the collection leaves me thinking that, really, a better option for me is the muumuu! It could be made to fit; and if I were to use a knit fabric, I could get away without zips (not my biggest sewing nightmare but not my favourite thing, either – although I have plans for that lovely blue baby). Given our present Rather Warm weather, a quick muumuu might be a very good idea: looser, and therefore cooler, than a maxi dress but still cheerful and fun.
I’m adding in these two Weigel’s patterns into the Pyramid; they’re an old Aussie brand.
1897 is a pattern for pyjamas in two styles to fit a 12 year old (or 30″ bust).
1524 is a pattern for an easy-to-make housecoat, size small (or 32 – 34″ bust)
Anyway, on with the business – I mean fun – side of things!
To Enter The Giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this blog post saying which pattern you would keep if you win! [If you’re like me, you might find you’ll be changing your mind about that.] Anyone anywhere can enter the giveaway but you must have an active blog.
- The winner must agree to pick 1 pattern for him/herself then host a giveaway; and, obviously, be OK with sending the rest off to any corner of the world. This started off in England and has already made it to almost every continent [hello, anyone out there in Antarctica?].
- You must have a blog of your own to host the giveaway of the extra patterns.
- If you are a winner, please consider making a donation to The Brooke, a charity dear to the heart of Catherine who generously provided these patterns.
- When you make your item, be sure to post about it so we can all drool over it 🙂
This giveaway will close at on Monday, 28 January 2013 at 11:59pm South Australian time – that is, Central Daylight Savings [or Adelaide] Time. That should be plenty of time, I hope, for you to spread the word among the blogging community. Be sure you enter before then to make sure you’re eligible. And, if you are a day behind that time and you want to participate in this giveaway, please also BE SURE TO CHECK THE TIME DIFFERENCE CAREFULLY. I wouldn’t like anyone to miss out!
Only one entry per commenter, so additional comments won’t earn extra chances (and if you want to comment but not participate, you need only say so). I will also make sure to add in a surprise or two for the winner 🙂 Please spread the word on this one: tell your friends! We want as many people as possible to get involved in this wonderful opportunity 🙂 And remember, the winner gets one of those fabulous Pattern Pyramid tags to use in their make. Now, if you needed more incentive to participate, I can’t think what it would be. Good luck!